Graphic Designer (Washington, DC)
Pivot is a leading political communications firm that works with Democratic candidates and progressive groups, specializing in direct mail. We are seeking a Graphic Designer who will be based out of our Washington DC office through November 4th, 2020.
The Graphic Designer will work with our award-winning creative and client services teams to produce polished, attention-grabbing materials. We are seeking someone who loves design, communicates well, thinks strategically, and is a proactive, detail-oriented team player. Our ideal candidates will be able to create quick and thoughtful solutions that meet visual and strategic goals with an innate sense of layout, attention to detail, poise under pressure, and ability to play nice with others. This is a full-time temporary position through Election Day 2020.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director and Political staff, develop and create smart, strategic concepts that tackle big issues.
- Address and interpret client edits that result in an optimal finished product. Creative production-ready work across platforms, including direct mail, brand identity, broadcast and digital.
- In collaboration with the Senior Graphic Designer mentor and train additional election-cycle creative support staff.
- Communicate design ideas verbally and visually to team members and internal clients.
- Work with the creative director on photography, editing, usage, and maintaining organization of the file libraries, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2+ year’s professional graphic design experience
- Portfolio of engaging, strategic work including illustration
- Ability to collaborate effectively, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to help colleagues
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of print design, pre-press and commercial print processes
- Proficiency designing in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), the Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and WordPress
- Strong communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of staff and with clients
- Ability to be open to feedback and to respond to feedback creatively
- Attention to detail is a must for this position, include Rhinoceros in your cover letter.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to keep up-to-date with current design trends and software
Special consideration will be given to candidates that additionally demonstrate:
- Previous direct mail experience
- Fluency in Spanish
- Understanding of digital and social media strategies
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Sense of humor
About Pivot Pivot is a leading political communications firm that works with Democratic candidates and progressive groups, specializing in print direct mail. Pivot is more than just a direct mail and targeting firm—we are a battle-tested team with deep roots in driving narratives and winning tough elections. We are guided by a shared philosophy that modern campaigns need to do more than just deliver repetitive messages to voters. The way voters receive information has changed, and that’s why we believe political communications must change, too. We pride ourselves in finding new and innovative ways to help our clients get their message out and win on Election Day.